Our Client are a leading engineering business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Project Development Engineer.
Purpose of the role:
- Supporting product development activities.
- You will be a contributor to the technical development of company products.
- With a project / product focus, work as part of cross functional team operating day to day under a Development Leader.
- Complete individual tests to support the product develop aims and with appropriate levels of accuracy.
- Work with the build & test team, delegating tasks or completing hands on work as appropriate.
- Plan and prepare for tests including: confirming test processes, test facility and instrumentation preparation and availability, test execution, data analysis and reporting.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Liaise with external suppliers and customers as required
- Undertake any other duties of which the knowledge, skills and experience required fall within a post holder's position in the company.
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- Previous experience of working within a test environment.
- Able to produce clear documentation for processes.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety processes.
- Able to understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations in a mechatronics maintenance environment and the type of equipment being maintained
- Previous experience of mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles in a mechatronics maintenance environment.
- Able to understand fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used when maintaining equipment and systems
- Able to understand condition monitoring methods, equipment used and how the information gained supports the planning of maintenance activities
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems is desirable
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Previous experience of high voltage training or IMI Level 2 in electric/hybrid vehicle system repair and replacement or equivalent is desirable.
- Up to £35000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.