£26,000 per annum
My client a leading fresh producer are seeking reliable Lead Operator for their site based in Cheshire.
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality production achieving goals and targets for the site plant, hygiene standards and equipment.
- Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the activities of a team of operators in order to provide support to the operations manager and business
- To achieve site Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in respect to equipment performance, reliability, yield & compliance to audits within budget
- Promote and support the company quality & safety standards, focusing on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the companies Zero Accidents, One Team, 100% Engagement strategy.
- Demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- Planning, co-ordinating, validation and verification of team tasks in support of the agreed good manufacturing processes across the site.
- Maintaining an approximate 70% / 30% hands on to supervisory split, rapidly diagnose and resolve reactive faults. Escalate in a timely manner where appropriate. Complete works associated with NCRs in a timely manner
- To own and lead the implementation of assigned Risk Management Standards, Food Standards, critical control points, staff training and upskilling to produce a high performing team,
- Ensure all mandatory paperwork and testing / inspections are delivered in a timely manner.
This role would be suitable for a driven and ambitious Production Supervisor seeking a challenge in a growing industry.
- Relevant qualifications in HACCP and Food Hygiene.
- Previous experience of supervising a team and knowledge of a working manufacturing environment.
- Excellent understanding of factory processes including Standard Operating Procedures, quality systems and Continuous Improvement mythologies.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good IT skills.
- Practical engineering / machine operations skills
- Awareness of statutory legislation and COSHH with an IOSH qualification.
- Analytical way of thinking.
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills
- Previous people management experience.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position on a shift pattern basis 6am to 3pm either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday. Along with a competitive package and progression opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.