Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Production Operator to join the business.
- Supporting the surface mount assembly processes.
- React to AOI/SPI Data.
- SMT process- fully understand the running/machine set-up
- Load Feeder.
- React to AOI Data and verify Feeder Loading and identifying mechanical issues.
- Repair circuit boards to IPC standards
- To carry out in-process checks, record results and carry out rectification work using hand solder equipment as required.
- To record process and quality information as required.
- To assist in the early identification of potential situations that may give rise to early product failure or deviation from standard parameters.
- The correct quality documentation is available.
- The correct materials are available.
- Carry out 6s Audit and make 6S improvements.
- Report major machine breakdowns.
- Record all reasons for rejected parts and ensure escalation policy is adhered to.
- Where appropriate, re-enter parts for manufacture.
- Record production problems encountered & discuss solutions with Cell Leader.
- Assist in activities to improve machine uptime & 'first time through' quality measures.
- Identify cost reduction / Idea Management opportunities.
- Carry out any reasonable activity to maintain process line production.
- Where necessary, assist in procuring materials to prevent a line-stop.
- Ensure Operators understand & achieve production demand using correct procedures.
- Promote & exercise high standards of HS&E awareness at all times.
- Carry out other activities as and when identified by the Section Team-leader
- To provide the technical interface between the engineering and production.
- Ensure good 6S housekeeping practices are carried out.
- Strict adherence to health and safety, and following standard operation protocols
- You will require knowledge in the SMT placement process or have a solid background in machine operating
- Ability to identify process issues whilst improving defect reduction.
- Skilled in the use of hand solder equipment to carry out SMT corrective actions as required- IPC standard.
- Good component recognition (electrical components).
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Readily offer help and /or training to others may be required.
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment, being proactive and show initiative in problem solving.
- A positive attitude and are willing to learn more skills on the job.
- Confidence on the job and are happy to take on more responsibility if necessary.
- Must be fully flexible for all shift patterns to meet the demands of the business.
- Be able to work as a team or individually.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Up to £20500 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.