Salary is £35,000 per annum
My client an innovative manufacturer are for seeking an experienced Production Engineer for their site based in Bedford.
You will be responsible for the supply of tools, CNC programs and equipment necessary to achieve an efficient production process.
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
- Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Mechanical Fitter competent in producing components to high specifications.
- Relevant qualifications including a HNC in Production Engineering
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position along with progression opportunities and a competitive package.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.