Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturer based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Production Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the job:
- The purpose of the role is to support both the Technical and Operations functions in terms of cost reduction, quality, new product introduction and efficiency improvements.
- Represent manufacturing in new product introductions. Assuring products are manufacturable and taking the responsibility to ensure that documentation and production aids are in place
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement projects (product and process related).
- Own and coordinate the introduction of Design Change Requests from Technical to Operations.
- Handle day to day issues and problems from production and represent technical in daily meetings with the operations team.
- Lead value engineering projects and define a value engineering process to assure that all actions are followed up closed and all targets met.
- Lead industrialization of new products, supporting colleagues in technical to secure that all designs are robust and reproduceable and all processes are fully and adequately documented.
- Engaging with suppliers during development and subsequently to assure that quality and production targets can be met consistently over time.
- Work with suppliers to identify cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities. Examples could include reducing machining operations on raw castings, metalwork or product packaging.
- Assist the technical department to produce prototypes for new products.
- Work as a conduit between Technical and Operations for new product introductions and coordinate the training for assembly on new products.
- Once design change requests have been approved, project manage the introduction of the change through the supply chain and into production.
- An engineering generalist who has worked in a manufacturing company that both designs and manufactures products with a sustained background in manufacturing.
- Practical experience of leading value engineering or process improvement projects.
- Someone who understands the need for accurate information and communication throughout a manufacturing process.
- Commercially aware.
- Comfortable leading multi-disciplined teams and working with Suppliers.
- Numerate with good problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Databases).
- Minimum qualification, HNC in an engineering subject.
- Knowledge of health & safety principles and practice.
- Some experience of ERP systems. (ideally SAP Business One)
- Some basic CAD experience.
- Up to £40,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.