Our Client are a leading electronics business based in the North East. The company currently require a talented Production Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to support both the Technical and Operations functions in terms of cost reduction, quality, new product introduction and efficiency improvements.
- Identify and lead cost reduction and improvement projects in manufacturing. (product and process related)
- Assist with the manufacturing aspects of new product introductions. This will include the responsibility to ensure that documentation and production aids are in place.
- Own and project manage the introduction of Design Change Requests from Technical to Production.
- Transfer of technical information into the SAP ERP system.
- By concentrating on design for manufacture, design for test and standardisation of mechanical parts, identify, then lead cost reduction projects. This will involve co-ordinating multi discipline teams.
- Work with suppliers to identify cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities. Examples could include machining of castings, metalwork or product packaging.
- Assist the technical department to produce prototypes for new products.
- Work as a conduit between Technical and Operations for new product introductions and coordinate the training for assembly of new products.
- Identify and implement manufacturing efficiency improvements by working with the Line Leaders.
- Once design change requests have been approved, project manage the introduction of the change through the supply chain and into production.
- Assist with creating new Items and BOMs in the SAP ERP system.
- An engineering generalist who has worked in a manufacturing company that both designs and manufactures products with sustained industry experience.
- Someone who understands the need for accurate information and communication throughout a manufacturing process.
- A self-starter with an enquiring mind.
- Must have sustained experience in manufacturing assembly, ideally hand assembly of electro-mechanical products.
- Commercially aware.
- Comfortable leading multi-disciplined teams and working with Suppliers.
- Numerate with good problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Databases).
- Minimum qualification, HNC in an engineering subject.
- Knowledge of health & safety principles and practice.
- Some knowledge of castings, extrusion, injection moulding, PCB manufacture and metal work.
- Some experience of ERP systems. (ideally SAP Business One)
- Some experience of CAD
- Up to 40,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.