This is an exciting contract opportunity for a target driven individual to join our clients fast growing business team. As a Senior Procurement Manager you will become a key member of the Energy (Heat) and Networks (Distribution) Solutions businesses in the UK. You will be responsible for defining our supply chain and procurement strategies, setting up processes and workflows aligned with our client & UK procurement and market dynamics, setting up their supply chain, and leading on procurement exercises to enable tehm to deliver projects and reaching agreements with external suppliers.
As the team's Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for setting up and executing their supply chain and procurement strategies and processes for medium to large infrastructure bids to public and private sector clients.
Responsibilities and qualifications
To implement investment procurement cycle on Heat and Distribution UK investment projects:
- Define supply chain and procurement strategy, processes, and workflows for the business
- Guide the project team through procurement and contracting strategy discussions for projects
- Chair multi-disciplinary discussions to understand, structure, and meet the businesses' supply chain and procurement requirements
- Organise market consultation and studies, and engage with the supply chain to understand capabilities,offering and represent our client
- Choose right forms of contract per lot with bearable risks for our client and triggering appetite in the market
- Secure attractiveness of the projects to the supplier base
- Design, draft and organize prequalification
- Design, draft and organize ITT package incl. contract(s)
- Lead negotiations on behalf of project team
- Undertake contract management for resulting contracts
- Build good relationships with the key account managers, engineers and commercial managers to fully understand the obligations and performance measures under each contract
Experience and skills
- Extensive relevant working experience as project buyer & setting up new processes and strategies for supply chain and procurement in the energy, utilities or infrastructure industry
- Experience with contract management
- Experience with and knowledgeable of UK and EU tender law (EU public procurement law)
- Knowledgeable of forms of contract like FIDIC, JCT, and/or NEC type contracts
- Experience successfully working with and managing teams: internal, and consultants/external; with and without a procurement background
- Close cooperation with project managers, technical colleagues, legal counsel, credit risk, insurance experts
- Understanding of UK energy and distribution markets particularly focusing on innovative and low carbon solutions
- Ability to work across the relevant business areas: -central support functions, business solution managers, marketing and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services.
- Be comfortable working with and managing external contractors / consultants hired for specific projects
The location of this position is London.
For more information on this exciting contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.