Process Improvement Technician
£12.15 per hour plus benefits
My client an international small parts manufacturer are seeking a Process Improvement Technician for their UK site based in Sutton Coldfield.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing improvements to manufacturing and assembly processes delivering improved efficiency, increased throughput, quality of product and reducing downtime.
- Hands on problem solving within manufacturing with engineers' coordinators supporting operatives and processes.
- Training staff on new procedures to improve efficiencies and ensure competency.
- Evaluating manufacturing processes, researching design and developing solutions to increase efficiency, reduce down time, waste and scrap.
- Resolving quality issues of product capability, surface finish, and shape related issues.
- Ensuring consistent repeatable processes and product quality.
- Working with the coordinators and operatives to implement new machines and procedures.
- Providing manufacturing support and information for all processes.
- Site and buildings layout and design, analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Generating and maintaining product and process data and training.
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with vendors for equipment and solutions.
- Implementation and continued compliance of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation in line with management policies.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Process Improvement Technician competent within manufacturing processes and environments.
- Basic mechanical and/or manufacturing engineering knowledge.
- Honest, Reliable and Self-motivated.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Auto-CAD Software Knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to use own initiative and team player.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position of 38 hours a week. Day shifts 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 12pm on Friday. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.