£30,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
Alderley Park, Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Start Date - Q2/Q3 2020
Sai Life Sciences is a Contract Research & Development and Manufacturing Organisation working with 7 of the top 10 pharma companies globally, as well as many leading niche biotech's. The company works with its clients to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of complex small molecules for a healthier tomorrow. With more than 2000 staff and ambitious growth plans, their vision is to support their global innovator partners to bring 25 new medicines to life by 2025.
Following a significant investment in a state of the art laboratory at the Alderley Park Biotech & Life Science Cluster, Sai Life Sciences is now creating a centre of excellence (COE) for process chemistry and analytical development. The COE will identify, develop and optimise synthetic routes to API, supporting both early and late development. It will also manufacture non-GMP kg quantities of intermediates and APIs in its bespoke Scale-up laboratory facility. The developed processes may then be transferred to Sai Life Sciences manufacturing sites across India.
This is an opportunity to shape the development of a world leading laboratory and work closely with some of the most innovative biotech and pharma companies on their most important programmes.
Sai Life Sciences are looking for a Scientist who is seeking a new challenge to support the initiation of our new Process engineering team.
The successful candidate will either have a strong technical grounding in Chemical Engineering with 1-5 years' experience in a relevant industry, or will be someone who has recently completed (or who will complete during 2020) a BSc, MSc, PhD or Post-doctoral research project with a specialism in Chemical Engineering.
Demonstrated expertise in early, mid or late-phase route and process engineering for the manufacture of APIs, intermediates and raw materials, and/or experience with quality by design, technology transfer and commercial production would also be advantageous.
The candidate is expected to conduct practical, laboratory based chemistry projects to develop the process engineering knowledge for routes and processes that will ultimately be run on a plant or production scale in India.
- Higher or Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline
- Competent in laboratory chemistry experimentation.
- Hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of wide range of chemistry unit operations such as reactions, distillation, separation, filtration and drying.
- Strong scientific track record.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver robust and reliable processes for manufacturing plant.
- Scientific delivery of primary unit operations that are designed, studied, modelled, and technically transferred to ensure successful scale-up and implementation
- Working within multi-functional project teams operating to tight deadlines
- Learning agility in the utilisation of new technologies to support projects
- Ability to solve complex scientific problems
The successful candidates will have a flexible approach to their work and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication; both verbal and written
- A team player
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude with good attention to detail
- A competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Work in a state of the art laboratory on one the country's leading Biotech & Life Science Parks
- Access to great facilities including an on-site gym.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.