Minimum £35,000 per annum
My client a components manufacturer are seeking a competent Process Engineer expert within aluminium extrusion forming profiles for their UK site based in East Birmingham.
You will be an integral part of the workshop team, defining the processes forming and bending procedures for the production team.
- Overseeing Bespoke stretch forming cad controlled machine, capable of forming (bending) large radius symmetrical bends and also smaller radius forms as well as a straight edge at the two ends joining with a central radius arc.
- Using box section and open sections that can be formed with excellent process capability and repeatability of form shape.
- Drawing designs for 3 bending machines capable of forming with and without internal mandrels, that have radius capability ranges from 60mm to 600mm.
- Responsible for roll CNC bending machine allows extensive range of radius options - from tight radius up to 6000mm forms.
- Working with diverse methods of bends per section and complex shapes to be created, to form multiple hollow profiles, as well as solid extrusion profiles.
This role would be suitable for someone knowledgeable within aluminium tooling, forming and bending passionate about lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Experience of CADCAM Systems Solid Works and reading engineering drawings.
- Competent in toolmaking of forming equipment.
- The ability to 'work hands on' with all the machines you can programme would be an advantage.
- Excellent design and drawing skills, able to relay tooling information to programme machines.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a Team to develop projects.
- The ability and understanding to influence fixture design, tooling & equipment.
- A knowledge of bending, bending machines and processes would be an advantage.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels.
In return, this company will offer you a full time daytime permanent position of 38 hours a week. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.