Our Client is a leading engineering business, based in Aberdeen. The company currently require a talented Principal Mechanical Engineer
Purpose of the role:
- Provide leadership for a cross-functional team to design and develop new products for the business.
- As a project leader, the Principal Engineer is expected to lead development of mechanical component and technology for new products while also identifying opportunities to improve existing products.
- The Principal Engineer will ensure timely completion of design scopes and appropriate standards are met. You will ensure timely completion of work scopes and presentation of design documentation including drawings, reports, analysis, marketing material, sales support work and procedures (not exhaustive) to the CTO and senior management.
- You will champion collaboration with commercial, industrial design, engineering, and manufacturing to inspire the team and lead the product development process.
- New Product Development
- Existing product updates and changes
- Researches and develops core technologies required by the company to sustain or improve its competitive lead.
- Designs, develops, analyses, documents, reviews and approves product designs and design documentation which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety requirements of the business.
- Applies skills necessary to design, develop and introduce new products with the greatest possible design margins and in the shortest amount of time.
- Identifies, quantifies, and implements tools, methods, processes and equipment, which improve the quality, reliability and productivity of the department.
- Communication and Leadership.
- Effectively communicates information to co-workers, customers and suppliers, which they require to do their jobs. This communication must be objective and accomplished in a neutral to positive manner.
- Serves as the project team leader throughout the phases of the New Product Introduction process, defining schedules, assigning tasks and quantifying progress against project goals.
- Serves as a mentor to other engineers within the company, helping them develop their design, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ensures adherence to company design principles and alignment with laboratory and process engineering staff.
- Ability to analyse components and assemblies for static, dynamic and fatigue stresses / strength to meet design codes.
- Experience in product design/engineering from concept to commercialisation
- Experience of working with various international standards including the CE Marking Regulations, British, European, US and international structural, pressure vessel and piping codes
- Working knowledge of industrial design of fluid / fluid thermal systems, including heat transfer, mechanical phase separation, and phase change process equipment.
- Working knowledge of materials science, particularly typical mechanical componentry, pressure vessel and piping materials.
- Degree in mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of mechanical engineering analysis and design software (i.e. 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, hand calculations, kinematics and tolerance analysis).
- Sustained experience within a similar position.
- Professional qualifications
- Up to £60000 plus comprehensive benefits package
- Remote working offered
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.