Plant Operations Technician
Nottingham - £25,295
To provide operational support in the safe and efficient management of the Nottingham District Heating Scheme, controlling the production of steam as directed by the Plant Operations Engineer, safely warming through and pressurising high pressure steam pipework, ensuring availability of steam supply for District Heating and maintaining system pressures, control the production of water through the water treatment plant and carry out routine tasks as requested to maintain and improve plant reliability.
- To support the Plant Operations Engineer with the control of the Permit for Work system ensuring all operations impacting the Heat Station are delivered safely and in compliance with established procedures.
- Work towards achieving required level of Authorisation within the Safety Rules to assist the Plant Operations Engineer when issuing a safety document.
- Attend training courses as required to enhance knowledge and skills relevant for the role and / or advancement.
- Participate in the instruction, guidance and training of new employees and peers.
- Responsible for safely operating the gas fired boilers and adjustment of firing rates as directed by the Plant Operations Engineer.
- To actively support the Plant Operations Engineer when dealing with plant incidents and emergencies.
- Assist with the re-configuration and re-instatement of pipework carry superheated high pressure steam when required.
- Ensure that the turbine cooling water systems are free of debris including proactively cleaning screens and filters as necessary.
- Complete both routine and reactive operations for all Water Treatment Plant. Taking responsibility for delivery of chemicals for water treatment and ensuring safe storage and usage.
- To support plant operations in the proactive compilation of water treatment analysis on system feed waters and provide comprehensive results for scrutiny by the required authority.
- Ensure day to day compliance with all aspects of the Environmental Permit, reporting any non-compliance to the Plant Operations Engineer.
- Undertaking routine PPM inspections and adjustments on auxiliary equipment and ensure an accurate log is kept.
- Ensure all pertinent operational information is logged clearly communicated to the oncoming shift via a shift handover.
- Ensure all defects are reported to the Plant Operations Engineer for input onto the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Complete assigned Work Orders and tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Actively supporting the flexible working model, participating in duty standby / call out rotas and emergency response to provide continuous operational cover at the Heat Station.
- Flexibility to change working pattern where necessary in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Routinely cleaning and painting of plant and machinery and all internal and external areas of the buildings as directed by the Plant Operations Engineer. Responsible for reposting of essential signage after maintenance works.
- To complete shift and event logs and data collection in line with audit and safety requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of improvements to the Company's procedures and systems making recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in the creation and reviewing of Procedures, Work Instructions and risk assessments that are related to the Plant Operations Technician role.
- Comply with the Councils Health, Safety & Environmental procedures and relevant legislation.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.