Job Title: Pharmacist Senior
Hourly Rate: £21.59 per hour
About the company
Kelly Services are recruiting for a Pharmacist Senior for an International Healthcare customer with more than 85 years of history.
Our customer is one of the main NHS suppliers, it has 13 sites across the UK including three manufacturing facilities, a national distribution centre, two home care pharmacy distribution centres, four aseptic compounding facilities and two residential patient education centres.
Bank role as of when needed incl. Training will be provided during
* Ensure efficiency and completeness in prescription processing and dispensing.
* Oversight of all record keeping and licensing to guarantee accuracy and compliance with state and federal pharmacy regulations.
* Review, update and adhere to pharmacy protocols and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory agency regulations.
* Provide pharmaceutical services deemed necessary, i.e. patient counseling, drug utilization review.
* Maintain and update all necessary reference materials.
* Communication of issues with appropriate personnel including other Pharmacists from remote locations and Customer Service personnel.
* Create good working relationships with physicians and nurses from key clinics.
* Communicates with customers (hospital pharmacy, Renal clinics, etc.) to verify prescriptions, supplies, or support services required by patients. Evaluates dosages and schedules; consults with customer regarding therapy recommendations.
* Communication with Customer Service personnel to perform/verify order entry quantities from customer data system. Communications with other Pharmacists located at other remote locations.
* Ensures all required documentation is maintained, including exception reporting. Participates in continuous improvement process by providing input for procedural changes.
* Assures compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality assurance and JCAHO standards, local state and federal regulations, and good manufacturing practices (GMPs), if applicable.
* Other duties related to Pharmacy as assigned. This position will mainly revolve around checking day to day medicines including ancillaries for the various therapies. It will however, not involve any compounding of drugs. Job Requirements: B.S. or PharmD from accredited School of Pharmacy. An active pharmacy license in good standing is required for this full-time pharmacy position. Job experience in Drug Distribution preferred. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.