Kelly Services are working exclusively with Dedalus Group, a leading healthcare and diagnostic software provider in Europe. Focused on the whole continuum of care to providing complete and patient-oriented future-proof solutions to the healthcare industry, Dedalus Group have been highly acquisitive since their inception in 1982.
Having recently procured the Healthcare IT business of DXC Technologies globally, Dedalus UK are rapidly growing and have many exciting opportunities available. We are looking for a Performance Engineer to be responsible for the management of the Dynatrace application monitoring solution and for the proactive performance monitoring of the Lorenzo Healthcare application.
Roles and Responsibilities
Dynatrace and Proactive Monitoring
- Management and configuration of the Dynatrace AppMon solution - including UEM and any newer versions of the software like DynataceOne.
- Maximise potentialfromDynatrace by working with the Managed Service to:
- Design and build APM and UEM (when live) dashboards and reports to application support, management and other consumers
- Investigate options to exploit UEM data as a source for Business Intelligence that can be sold to the Trusts
- Proactively monitor the application performance in both Production and Near-Production via scripts, dashboards and reports with the aim of:
- Detecting performance issues before they are raised by the Trusts
- Identifying areas to improve the end user experience in terms of reducing response times or reducing errors
- Debug Lorenzo performance issues.
Scalability Input and issue resolution
- Provide input to the scoping of performance testing (in Scalability testing).
- Review all performance testing results (from Scalability testing).
- Be the primary contact and interface for the Lorenzo developmentandScalability teams into the UK Lorenzo performance data to support:
- Issue resolution
- Transaction Volumetric Model maintenance
- Scalability performance testing definition
- Work with the Lorenzo ProductandDev PE teams to identify and assess technology, design, testing and implementation changes to improve performance, e.g.
- Ongoing data purging
- Ongoing compression
- Reviewing all global SQL Indexes and remove/replace
- Rationalising Indexes (removed or refactored)
- Raise and document incidents within QC and progress with appropriate application support, lines of service and/or development teams to successful conclusion.
- Ensure fixes for performance issues and proactive fixes are engineered into the main product (e.g. by tactical fix, hot fix or normal release)
The Performance Engineers will also need to:
- Undertake some basic training in the Lorenzo UI
- Be BPSS cleared
- Be able to work from one these offices Leeds or Chorley.
- Be able to support occasional planned out-of-hours work and be able to charge for both being on call and for working call-out hours
Qualifications & Experience
- Problem Solving - A flexible approach and readiness to adapt to change.
- Analytical Skills - Able to identify, discuss and propose solutions to problems and issues.
- Performance engineering background.
- Experience in resolving complex application issues.
- Good understanding of T-SQL and ASP .NET Architecture.
The following are desirable:
- .Net, C#
- Code reflection
- Crash dump analysis
- Dynatrace or other performance monitoring tools for web applications.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.