Part-Time Group Financial Accountant
Our market-leading service sector client requires a part-time Group Accountant to join their busy Worcester head office. Ideally this would be split over four or five days. You will be joining at an interesting time with the company having recently made an acquisition and launched a number of new exciting initiatives.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the Group's monthly consolidation and investigation of movements
- Preparation of monthly Group Bank reports and Group VAT returns, including annual partial exemption recalculations for the Group
- Responding to HMRC on VAT and other tax issues as appropriate
- Ensure accuracy of revenue recognition in the monthly numbers across all revenue streams
- Ensure internal controls are maintained and improvements identified as part of an internal audit process
- Identification, calculation, documentation and implementation of new accounting standards and disclosure requirements (e.g. IFRS 15 & IFRS 16 standards)
- Preparation of the annual Group consolidation model, EBITDA and cashflow for all entities
- Liaising with auditors during interim and main audits on all technical areas
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts for all Group companies
- Assist in the preparation and review of Group tax returns
- Liaison with foreign entity accountancy firms regarding tax, VAT and statutory returns
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with accounting policies
- Support with entity setup and dissolution as required
We welcome applications from candidates who are qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and have experience working in a similar role with a good grasp of accounting practices including IFRS. Experience of statutory consolidations would be a great advantage. Naturally, you will have excellent communication skills and a good command of IT, specifically Excel.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.