£17,784 per annum
My client an international small parts manufacturer are seeking a dedicated Packing Operative for their UK site based in Sutton Coldfield.
You will be responsible for counting, weighing, labelling and packaging products efficiently, accurately and consistently. Operating of small manual and semi-automatic machinery for forming and packaging products.
- Visual checks and inspection whilst packing components.
- Building Boxes and printing labels.
- Picking of Raw material and subcomponent products for production and assembly.
- Operating and setting up of small plant equipment from semi auto bagging machines, greasing machines and forming equipment.
- Use of Pallet trucks both Electric and Manual.
- Ensuring all components manufactured and packaged are accompanied by the appropriate production order/traceability.
- Adhere to production schedules as instructed and agreed with Coordinator.
- Ensuring your working area is kept neat and tidy at all times and general housekeeping maintained to assist with Health and Safety procedures.
- Take a responsible approach to Health, Safety and Environmental risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to coordinators or management appropriately.
- Ensure Full compliance with Health, Safety personal protective equipment including work boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, overalls as required and instructed.
- Cover Order Picking role within warehouse when necessary.
This role would be suitable for a flexible Packing Operative seeking a long term career opportunity.
- Experience in packing environment.
- Honest, Reliable and Self-motivated.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Team Worker.
- Good practical skills.
- Able to interpret Engineering drawings.
- Basic IT and keyboard skills.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office competency including Excel formatting, formulas and graphs.
- Own transport, as site is not accessible by public transport.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position, Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 12pm. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.