Job Title: Operations Technician-Utilities
Length: 10 months +
Pay per hour: £12.02-£15.03 per hour
Shifts: 12 hour days x 4 per week (48 hours)
Your new company
Kelly Services are recruiting for an Operations Technician for an International Animal Healthcare customer who supplies globally, animal and pet care treatments for a variety of preventative and chronic conditions.
Your new job
The Utilities team have responsibility for generating and supplying the site with primary utilities (e.g. Steam, electricity, water, air and nitrogen) via site-wide distribution systems.
The Operations Technician - Utilities is a member of the Utilities Team, responsible for the safe and compliant routine monitoring, sampling, recording, operation and control of the Centralised Utilities Systems to ensure 100% service and supply to all internal customer user teams 24hours per day, 365 days per year
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operations: Complying with cGMP requirements by following SOPs and accurate documenting activities. Carry out specified testing to track and improve utilities performance and quality. Ensure water sample schedules are adhered to.
- Problem Solving: Use diagnostic and experience skills to identify equipment and process problems and identify modes of failure and/or deviations and/or root causes
- Documentation: Complete records e.g. Operation Monitoring logs, raising requisitions, GMARs work orders, following cGMP guidelines
- Improvement projects: Assisting installation and upgrading of plant equipment & the development & improvement of operating procedures & risk assessments.
- EHS: Operate equipment and processes in accordance with safe working practices. Report EHS incidents and participate in root cause investigations and identification of countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Information Technology: Use process control systems (e.g. UCMS) .Use business systems to support admin tasks (GMARs, e-mail etc. Complete SAP transitions to Class A standards, PI, UCMS)
- Training: Own Learning Plan, share specialist skills and information gained through experience.
Skills you need to succeed
No formal qualifications are required but experience of operating and monitoring plant operations in a similar environment would be an advantage.
This position is generally a self-managed lone-working position, so you will need to be highly motivated and able to complete items to schedule without a great deal of oversight.
The (Utilities) team have responsibility for supplying the site with primary utilities
- Water for Operations
- Cooling Water
- Chilled Water
- HP Air
- Electricity, via 3rd party contract managing site energy centre
What this opportunity will do for you
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the largest animal healthcare product providers in the country.
Pay is £12.02- £15.03 per hour per hour working shifts of two 12 hour days followed by two 12 hour nights. 4 days on followed by 6 days off, overtime is also available.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.