We are looking for a talented Operations Team Leader to join our team specializing in Manufacturing for our Darlington Site.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- To manage, motivate and develop your allocated operations team. This includes assessing and developing each team member in order to optimise your team's performance.
- Be accountable for your team's delivery against key goals - safety, quality, delivery and cost. Your responsibility is to ensure shift targets are achieved. This includes communicating and actively engaging team members in achievement of goals.
- Make decisions regarding the allocation of resource in your area in order to meet targets.
- Assess team performance, identify and action development needs. This will include proactive skills development of individual team members.
- Be challenging and demanding of internal suppliers to your team. Hold other departments accountable for their supplier performance to your team e.g. Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing support activity that impacts your team.
- React to, and actively chase up, issues that impact your team's performance. Engage support from colleagues and other functions. Implement back up processes as required to maintain production. Proactively engage the team in tangible improvement activity that delivers improved performance.
- Day to day management of the team which includes delivery of company communications, holidays, sickness absence and performance management.
- Monitor and improve throughput by identifying bottlenecks and engines out of flow issues. and then developing improvement projects in conjunction with shop operations teams.
- Support the Operations Managers and the team in early identification of problems and stoppages and by coordinating communications to support departments
- Continuously monitor and record throughput and losses
Covering a 3-shift pattern Monday - Sunday
- To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Requires significant relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
- Applicants should have a proven track record of delivering results against targets, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- In addition to tenacity, a can-do attitude and strong communication skills the role will require strong decision-making skills.
- The successful applicant will be flexible and adaptable in order to respond to the changing production demands and customer demands.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.