From £60,000 per annum
My client a global manufacturer are seeking proactive Operations Manager for their site based in Tewkesbury.
You will be responsible for achieving effective utilisation of the operations resources within the site, manage the operations talent pool within the site and support best practice sharing for operations expertise, tools, techniques, methods and ways or working.
- Set the direction for operations within the site aligned to the global operations strategy.
- Ensure that operations are adequately resourced and contribute fully to the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Set KPIs and targets, along with the General Manager, for the operations function. Report progress against targets and take necessary action to meet targets.
- Delivering improvements in service i.e., on time delivery and lead time reduction, through realignment of manufacturing and planning processes.
- Ensure optimum utilisation of equipment, material, capital, and manpower to ensure quality products on time and at target cost.
- Contribute to the management of the operations talent pool to ensure that the breadth and depth of talent is at the right level so that operations contribute fully to achieving objectives.
- Changing the culture and awareness of all production employees to one of improved ownership and responsibility.
- Implementation of modern management practices including lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence and Continuous improvement and team leader training.
- Implement Manufacturing and Purchasing Excellence initiatives to improve quality, cost, and delivery.
- Day to day management responsibility for 100 production staff, across a variety of shift patterns. Development of this team.
- Accountable for maintaining and achieving health, safety, and environmental objectives. Ensuring the safe operation of all production processes.
- Responsible for delivering productivity improvements and cost reductions.
- Take ownership and a leading role in production transfer projects.
- Driving business growth through the introduction of new products and increased service
- Achieving financial targets.
This role would be suitable for an approachable individual competent in continuous improvement across a variety of manufacturing processes seeking a role in an influential senior management team.
- Previous experience within a management role, within a manufacturing environment
- Competency working with and building relationships with unions.
- Experience with continuous improvement methods
- Excellent leadership and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the energy and the ability to lead and energize others and build relationships with colleagues outside of the plant.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority.
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures.
- Self-motivating and able to work on own initiative.
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position with a salary from £60,000 per annum as well as career development opportunities.
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.