Our Client are a leading engineering business based in East Yorkshire. The company currently require a talented Operational Excellence Engineer (Contract) to join the business.
- To work in conjunction with the site leader, and operational leaders, shares the responsibility for the continued advancement of the site's operational excellence maturity and lean transformation to achieve world-class results in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- This individual will be assisting the execution of the operational strategy while leading the lean transformation on the shop floor.
- The Engineer is responsible for helping to build and maintain a culture of continuous operational improvement that permeates their designated areas.
- Prepare, facilitate and follow up on kaizen activities. Drive improvements in safety, quality, cost and delivery through kaizen events while harnessing the power of daily kaizen.
- Manufacturing Processes: Help the site in the implementation of the appropriate lean methodologies, e.g. VSM, standard work, pull systems, SMED, TPM, cellular manufacturing, 3P etc. to maximize productivity, capacity and throughput while minimizing lead time and WIP.
- Work with the Operational Leader to established a proper governance and roadmap to accelerate the transformation of the operations leveraging the implementation of the client operating system including tier meetings, business control centers, standardized metrics, etc.
- Help implement best in class lean processes and business intelligence to further enhance the pursuit of excellence.
- Must have BS in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Sustained background in Lean deployment in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Must have previous working experience in assisting the transformation of a manufacturing site through implementation lean methodologies.
- Must have previous working experience with op ex initiatives across an entire manufacturing site.
- Previous experience in medical device or pharmaceutical company is preferred.
- Extremely competitive contract rate offered.
- 6 month position
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.