We have an immediate contract requirement for an HVDC Export Cable Installation Engineer to work for our prestigious renewable energy client. The role is expected to last at least 12 months & although initially working remotely will be based from either their offices in London or the North East of England.
The role will support the Engineering department in developing Employer Requirements for the Onshore Export Cable Installation work package. This will involve the following responsibilities:
- Onshore cable route engineering including identification of joint bays
- Detailed Interface Design with Onshore Duct Installation Contractor
- Detailed Interface Design with Onshore Converter Station Contractor
- Logistics & Transportation of Drums from storage to work area
- Construction of Temporary Access track
- Civil Construction of Joint Bays (including transition joint bay), associated temporary works, backfill material & reinstatement including supply & installation of concrete chambers for link box & FO joints
- Cable Sealing End structures in Converter Station including temporary works
- Cable pull into pre-installed ducts (both HVDC power cables & FOC)
- Cable installation into pre-installed cable containment system within converter station
- Cable snaking (if required) both at converter station & at joint bays
- Jointing & Termination works (both HVDC power cables & FOC)
- Earthing & Sheath bonding works including installation of link boxes (both in converter station & at Joint bays)
- Interface with offshore cable installation works at landfall HDD.
- Testing of the backfill material required.
- Handover tests and acceptance criteria b/w onshore duct installation and export cable installation contractors.
Ideal candidates will have several years of experience with similar scope of work on large-scale construction projects, preferably in UK on HVDC Cable schemes. It would also be beneficial to be degree qualified & have experience of HVDC export cable installation from ITT to execution phase along with the preparation of ITT, contract negotiation and contractor management.
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.