We are looking for a full time Bid Manager within the Offshore Wind Bid Management Team for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer.
In this role, you will lead an offshore wind project's bid work stream to provide strategic direction and manage its bid submissions in competitive tenders or auctions to secure exclusive developments rights &/or energy contracts. You will ensure the route to success is well understood plus develop and execute a targeted programme of work to secure success in the tenders. Your role will be complex and you will apply your commercial and technical expertise, plus harness the expertise of the project team and the global functions.
The Bid Management team is your home team, comprising of all global Bid Managers and supporting functions. You will be assigned into project teams in regions globally within the matrix organisation. Responding to the company's growth pipeline, your project(s) maybe situated in your home country or further afield. The role is a key member of the project's Senior Management Team and typically includes external representation and international travel.
This is an exciting role and the successful applicant will be a key member of a team with ambitious growth targets. We are offering you, a self-confident and independent commercial project manager, the possibility to leverage your existing skill-sets to further enhance your capabilities in the highly competitive area of offshore wind lease and/or route to market auctions.
As Bid Manager you will;
- Lead and be responsible for devising and implementing bid strategies to ensure the business wins deliverable and value accretive options.
- Co-ordinate across the project team the Bid Preparation Strategy to identify and determine the required programme of work against bid success factors.
- Contribute to the identification of strategic levers and implementation thereof into the project's business case to increase the competitiveness and deliverability of the bid.
- Determine and implement how projects can maximise scoring against tender criteria (e.g. stakeholder mgmt. criteria, capability criteria, local supply criteria, etc.), evaluate potential trade-offs.
- Prepare manage and submit tender documentation including pre-qualification requirements and bid submissions.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the auction rules, Ensure bid submissions achieve compliance with the tender regulations, Contribute to the appraisal of different bid options and tactics, Develop protocols for bidding in partnerships (if applicable)
- Management of project assumption book and business case for early development projects:
- Support each project with optimal wind farm concept selection and optimisation through economic analysis of design options
- Site Prospecting (if applicable): Coordination of all inputs to enable ranking of possible site locations. Holistic risk and opportunity analysis of site options (e.g. permitting, grid access. Calculation of LCOEs to enable comparison of prospective sites.
Your Experience & Skills:
- Degree in business administration, engineering, renewable energy or similar numeric subject is expected alongside a proven background in meaningful commercial activities.
- Track record of relevant professional experience in projects which should include strategy, managing bids/tenders and leading work within business development projects.
- The gravitas to both lead a diverse virtual team and manage multiple stakeholders and the confidence and determination to take responsibility and ownership of multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels, across functions of the business. Proven stakeholder management experience including with external parties
- Ability to make recommendations and implement decisions effectively in a manner consistent with sound bid management principles, and in a timely manner, while reporting key issues to the Project Lead
- Hands-on experience devising the implementation of strategies or similar within commercial projects is desirable. Previous experience within the offshore renewable energy industry is advantageous.
- General understanding of the components of offshore wind assets including cost drivers and key risks and opportunities is desirable.
- A track record of personal responsibility for driving own development & career growth, broadening your professional competencies, skills and own learnings across commercial, technical, legal and policy fields.
Salary and package details
25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Life insurance/Death in service
Cycle to work
Eye Test/Flu Jab Vouchers
Corporate Discount scheme
There will be an expectation to travel to other offices and sites outside of your base location (including Europe/Overseas) which may involve overnight stays
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.