Salary is £25,000 per annum
My client an innovative manufacturer are for seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter for their site based in Bedford.
You will be responsible for the full assembly of component parts adhering to the internal compliance and customer specifications.
- View priority build board and select kit of parts for next assembly.
- Establish assembly operations from parts list, working instructions and drawings.
- Check kit for correct parts and refer to stores or supervision over any discrepancies.
- Operate overhead travelling gantry crane and provide correct slinging procedure to load and transport large items.
- Assemble and test products to specification, referring to working instructions and drawings, using air gun and spanners, paying particular attention to cleanliness of parts.
- Report to supervision any error found in component parts and problems leading to difficulty in assembly. Also report any deficiency in tool or measuring equipment.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision or the health and safety representative.
- Provide support for requirements of ISO 9001.
- To support the implementation of the continuous improvement process.
- To carry out production and operations related tasks set by line manager.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Mechanical Fitter competent in producing components to high specifications.
- Able to interpret, read and work from engineering drawings
- Competent with a variety of hand tools and lathe machinery.
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with building assemblies
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position with the shift pattern of 6am to 2.30pm Monday to Thursday and 6am to 10.30am Friday. Along with overtime and progression opportunities as well as a competitive package.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.