Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary is DOE
My client an international special purpose machinery manufacturer seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for their Head Office site based in Aylesbury.
You will be responsible for the design and development of specialist bespoke machinery. Working in a dedicated team of industry professionals you will provide a creative and problem-solving solution to a range of ground breaking projects.
- Be responsible for the creation and development of design solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects
- Produce technical documentation for production, installation and service
- Provide quotation support through drawings, concepts and budgets
- Produce accurate BOMs
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
- Coach and mentor other engineers in the fulfilment of their role
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure that product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met
This role would be suitable for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer competent high-speed machinery design.
- Industry experience in special purpose / automation / production / packaging machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach
- Competent in Solid Works or Alternative 3D systems.
- Qualified to degree, HND or HNC level in a relevant discipline
- A highly commercial approach with the ability to work directly with customers
- An inquisitive mind and ideally able to take a design from concept to completion
- Ability to meet deadlines, co-ordinate activities, and provide progress updates on a regular basis to Project Managers
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites both nationally and internationally
- Knowledgeable in complex mechanism design, robotic system design, pneumatic systems and industrial sensors.
- Able to produce high quality engineering drawings and design documentation.
- With experience of fabrications and machined parts
- A proactive, professional, positive and determined work ethic
- A team player, willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance
- Self-driven to make a significant contribution to maximising customer service
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.