We are looking for a talented Material Planner to join our team in our Global Supply Chain Business Unit in Peterborough on a fixed term, 12 month contract.
- Collaborate with suppliers to reduce lead time and order quantities balancing supply with demand.
- Initiate purchase and work orders to support the demand plan.
- Reconcile order boards for critical suppliers, critical parts, and past due orders on a routine basis.
- Support the Deliver Supplier Improvement Process initiative to improve performance metrics.
- Create accurate, timely updates specific to inventory availability and back order recovery plans.
- Own delivery of supplier schedules that supports end Customer needs.
- Relevant work experience such as; materials planning, production scheduling, inventory control or purchasing/ procurement.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or a similar ERP package would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills teamed with the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
- To be detail orientated, ensuring the correct information is provided always and documents are always correct and up to date.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.