At Cummins, we unleash the energy, vision and potential of our employees to power the world. Our people and products are truly everywhere - from Indiana to India, Africa to Australia and China to the U.K. Here you'll have the freedom and flexibility to explore your passions and make an impact. Join us and see what's possible when you're empowered to bring your best ideas and self to work every day.
The Cummins plant in Darlington is recruiting for temporary Materials Handlers to join its engine manufacturing team. If you want to be part of a company that is a global leader in engineering, innovation and technology, please apply now!
Materials Handlers are responsible for the on-time and accurate delivery of correct materials and components for production/assembly operations.
- Shift working on a paced production line, to support materials requirements for building diesel engines by following standard operating procedures/disciplined methods. You will undertake a wide range of repetitive tasks involving lifting, bending, carrying and handling of components
- To work to disciplined methods/standard operations.
- Performs required tasks and seeks out new learning opportunities.
- Behaves in ways that encourages the achievement of team targets, code of conduct and right environment policies. (i.e. reliable attendee, supports other team members)
- To support improvement activity relating to disciplined methods/standard operations, quality issues and safety initiatives (e.g. improvements to product, cycle time, workstation layout)
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- To be able to read and understand written instructions to apply to production.
- Previous assembly experience in a production/factory environment is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of operating fork-lift trucks and other site vehicles would be an advantage.
Working hours - currently operating a three shift pattern, alternating weekly between days (6am-2pm), nights (10pm-6am) and backs (2pm-10pm, with an 7:30pm finish on a Friday). 20 minute lunch break on each shift.
Salary is £24,769 + shift premium of £95.00 per week + overtime available.
We're operating rolling start dates so can offer immediate starts after successfully passing the recruitment process. Pre-employment medical and substance test required prior to start date.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.