Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Material Expeditor to join our team specialising in Material Operation for our Engine Business Segment in Darlington.
This is a permanent position working Monday - Friday between 6.30am - 3.30pm, 37.5 hours per week.
Salary starts from £32,665
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Under some supervision, enter data into a database or other computerised system to maintain up-to-date stock/inventory and training records
- retrieve stored information to respond to enquiries (for example on inventory levels or delivery schedules)
- Perform other routine administrative activities according to the organisation's established procedures
- These activities may include responding to customer escalations, order allocation, part profile & inventory records, preparing reports, training operators, customs compliance processes, domestic and international transportation related procedures and completing forms (receipt, transfer, delivery, dispatch, etc.)
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Promote interdependence by looking out for one another
- Correct hazards within your control and capabilities
- Recognise how your work may impact the environment and work to minimise the negative impact
- Quality / Teamwork
- Follows all applicable standard work, work instruction/process documentation and established quality procedures
- Raises issues to minimise cost and quality exposures
- Performs quality checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices
- Identifies and controls non-conforming material
- Receive incoming goods, accurately sort, label/package, store goods and arrange storage to optimise warehouse space
- Operates manual and automated equipment to pick, pack and ship product per the customer expectations
- Demonstrates a high level of competency in core work skills
- Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams
- Completes training in line with business requirements / Engage in HSE Training
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks
- Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet business goals
- Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment in need of repair
- Work is based on-site on daily bases.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Warehouse Inventory Control - Manages physical inventory utilising inventory control methodologies to maintain inventory and meet customer expectations
- Warehouse Operations - Utilise warehousing tools, systems, and methodologies to meet defined metrics for inbound and outbound operations of a warehouse
- Trade Knowledge Application - Applies knowledge of relevant trade regulations to Cummins processes and systems to minimise trade risks and costs
- Mode Selection - Evaluates and selects appropriate transportation mode and equipment type by lane through shipment volume analysis against business requirements to provide optimal shipping method (balance cost, quality and time)
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, generating reports and advanced level computer skills
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations
- Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.