Our client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in South Yorkshire. The company currently require a talented Master Scheduler to join the business.
Purpose of the Role
- Achieve customer satisfaction by ensuring delivery of the correct products on time, and with the required quantities. This will be possible by adequate scheduling, by managing internal capacity & demand.
- The role is responsible for providing timely and accurate information pertaining to sales, inventory and operations planning to all stakeholders, cost control & improve factory productivity & efficiency
- Develop local production plan along with scheduling and purchasing
- Maintaining and assisting in the running of the production schedule by adhering to job start and completion dates
- Assisting in defining and implementing balanced production plans & levelled schedules
- Weekly reporting of KPI metrics showing volume of work and delays - highlighting key areas for improvement
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes
- Meet individual targets set by the Operations Manager
- Develop and maintain reports, helping to identify where the business can improve
- Monitor the order intake & order book. Predict shortcomings, in particular under and overload situations and keep others updated as appropriate
- Develop a Finished stock and WIP control system
- Monitor and drive improvement
- Identify production bottle necks
- Participate in development and evaluation of what-if simulations to resolve demand-supply imbalances.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Planning experience within a technical manufacturing company
- SIOP / IBP training courses and/or certification
- Competent computer and analytical skills
- Strong ability to time manage and prioritise work
- Ability to work within a team, build rapport and credibility with colleagues
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and facilitate progressive change
- Self-starter capable of chasing issues to resolution
- Detail & data driven
- Critical thinking - can challenge assumptions
- Active listener
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy, experience with MS Office & ERP systems
- Minimum of 5 A*s - Cs GCSEs
- Understanding of MRP systems will be an advantage
- Up to £32,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.