Our Client is a leading engineering business based in South Yorkshire. The company currently require a talented Master Scheduler to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
Achieve customer satisfaction by ensuring delivery of the correct products on time, and with the required quantities. This will be possible by adequate scheduling, by managing internal capacity & demand. The role is responsible for providing timely and accurate information pertaining to sales, inventory and operations planning to all stakeholders, cost control & improve factory productivity & efficiency
- Develop local production plan along with scheduling and purchasing
- Maintaining and assisting in the running of the production schedule by adhering to job start and completion dates
- Assisting in defining and implementing balanced production plans & levelled schedules
- Weekly reporting of KPI metrics showing volume of work and delays - highlighting key areas for improvement
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes
- Meet individual targets set by the Supply Chain & Logisitics Manager
- Support the SIOP process by developing and producing accurate forecasts
- Develop and maintain reports, helping to identify where the business can improve
- Monitor the order intake & order book. Predict shortcomings, in particular under and overload situations and keep others updated as appropriate
- Develop a Finished stock and WIP control system
- Monitor and drive improvement in OTTP
- Identify production bottle necks
- Serve as the day-to-day interface for supply planning, to manage change and balance supply and demand. Assist in the resolution of issues to achieve Demand & Supply plans. Participate in development and evaluation of what-if simulations to resolve demand-supply imbalances.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Competent computer and analytical skills
- Strong ability to time manage and prioritise work
- Ability to work within a team, build rapport and credibility with colleagues
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and facilitate progressive change
- Self-starter capable of chasing issues to resolution
- Detail & data driven
- Problem solver and decision making
- Critical thinking - can challenge assumptions
- Active listener
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy, experience with MS Office & ERP systems
- Minimum of 5 A*s - Cs GCSEs
- Understanding of MRP systems will be an advantage
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- Planning experience within a technical manufacturing company
- Proven experience in change management
- SIOP / IBP training courses and/or certification(s)
- Ability to motivate employees to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.