Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the South West of England. The company currently require a talented Master Planner Scheduler to join the business.
- Integrating the forecast from Sales & Business Development into the demand plan for the business
- Balancing the budget, forecast, and orderbook demand to create a supply plan monitoring the factory capacities, inventory & customer requirements.
- Producing a master production schedule to control and pace both internal production and the external supply chain ensuring alignment between MPS and sales order/contract requirements
- Providing these analyses to the monthly SIOP process.
- Running appropriate leading and lagging metrics on demand and supply to allow business performance to be monitored and guiding the business in appropriate decision making.
- Conduct rough cut capacity planning and develop a process of work centre based capacity planning.
- Establish appropriate planning parameters for different classes of product to ensure demand, supply and inventory are appropriately managed.
- Conduct available to promise analysis and establish scheduled ship dates on all customer orders.
- Conduct scenario analysis, recovery plans, and coordinate new product introductions and end of life planning balancing inventory and demand requirements
- Track production to schedule to ensure meeting committed delivery dates.
- Lead efforts to analysis business data to ensure that inputs to the planning process are accuarate and reliable
- Conduct material availability analysis for proposed schedule changes
- Monitor material budget vs actual performance
- Owner of the SIOP process
- Experience working as a Master Production Scheduler within a high variety/low volume/high complexity manufacturing company (ideally electronics or aerospace)
- Demonstrable experience of leading and mentoring a team of planners
- Prior experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of standard enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints with a high degree of accuracy and integrity
- Have detailed knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, shop floor control, warehousing, transportation, and purchasing business functions
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Previously led the SIOP process for a complex manufacturing business
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of data literacy and attention to detail
Desireable Skills and Experience:
- APICS certification
- Led an implementation of a SIOP process in a complex business enviromnent
- Black Belt accredited to Lean Six Sigma
- £38000-£40,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.