Role - Driver for Mapping Project
Location - Manchester
Salary - £10.85 per hour
Hours -Part time (Sat + Sun)
Duration- 1-2 months approx
On behalf of our client we are recruiting for a driver to work part time (weekends) in the Manchester area collecting data to be used for mobile applications.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Our client presents digital parking information via a mobile app which shows the chance of finding a parking spot on a particular street, a forecast parking indicator and displays detailed parking rules. We are looking for dedicated and proactive drivers to assist us with the collection of parking information in Manchester and also possibly some work in Liverpool and Leeds.
Starting from a Manchester location, you will pick up, install and operate the parking-sign filming hardware (suitcase with in-car computer, video camera, scanning device, dashboard to operate the system) then collect the data with a car provided by the client while ensuring that everything works correctly. For each city, pre-planned routes are provided for you to follow using a navigation device.
We are looking for someone who is available to part time at the weekend.
Kelly Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
- Familiar with safe driving in Manchester and surrounding areas (mindful of cyclists, pedestrians, delivery trucks etc.)
- A valid UK driver's license
- Tech savy/familiar with digital technologies
- Reliable, committed to hold timelines and schedules
- Experience in using mobile apps and navigation systems
- Autonomous worker, reliable, proactive and always starts on time
- Experienced driver (past jobs e.g. courier, driver, rental car runner)
To be considered for this role
- You must have a UK driving license
- Live in the Manchester area
- Be available to start the project around the middle of April and be available for around 1-2 months
- Be an experienced driver and be comfortable driving on Manchester's busy roads
- Be comfortable with technology and using mobile and navigation apps
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.