We are looking for talented Manufacturing Operators to join our team specialising in Assembly for our Power Systems Business Segment in Daventry.
We are looking for talented Manufacturing Operators to join our team specialising in Assembly for our Power Systems Business Segment in Daventry. This is a temporary contract working 37.5 hours per week. Salary is £24,000 - £27,000 depending on experience.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Operates machines and production equipment in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with limited guidance.
- Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), poka-yoke and visual standards
- Operates manual and automated equipment to manufacture and assemble product in order to create the proper characteristics and dimensions necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks.
- Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet production goals.
- Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment needing repair.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
- Assemble natural gas and diesel engines whilst working to the given takt time.
- Operating powered industrial vehicles, including receiving, storing, picking and delivering material.
- Preparation and testing of a high horse power natural gas and diesel engines.
- Use a variety of Siemens controlled CNC machines to produce high quality cylinder blocks.
- FLT experience is essential
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.