From £26,000 per annum
My client an international small parts manufacturer are seeking an experienced Design Engineer for their UK site based in Sutton Coldfield.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing improvements to manufacturing and assembly processes. Delivering improved efficiency and reducing downtime as well as product development, testing and research.
- Evaluating manufacturing processes, researching and developing solutions to increase efficiency, reduce down time, waste and scrap.
- Ensuring consistent repeatable processes and product quality.
- Working with the coordinators and operatives to implement new machines and procedures.
- Providing manufacturing support and information for all processes.
- CAD drawing creation, review and storage.
- Supporting the Product Development function.
- Observing and implementing relevant National and International standards.
- Site and buildings layout and design, analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Generating and maintaining product and process data and training.
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with vendors for equipment and solutions.
- Implementation and continued compliance of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation in line with management policies.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Design Engineer competent in both 3D and 2D software.
- Demonstrates good 3D CAD modelling software knowledge in Creo Parametric.
- Auto-CAD software Knowledge.
- Honest, reliable and self-motivated.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- SAP Knowledge (Preferred but not essential).
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of engineering design principles.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience of data interpretation and analysis.
- Employs a methodical and analytical approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Have own transport as office is not accessible by public transport.
- Ability to use own initiative and work in a team.
- Effective and precise communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Good communicator and leader.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team worker.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position of 38 hours a week, including a flexible working pattern, a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.