Manager, Data Engineering & Advanced Analytics
Tech Data is one of the world's largest technology distributors. They help companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft - and hundreds of others - bring their products to market and offer a wide range of technical and business support services.
They certify, train, instruct and support reseller customers, and help configure, install and finance their purchases. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through their logistics centers on their way to market.
The Data Engineering & Advanced Analytics team provides strategic data and insights to business partners worldwide. The Manager, Data Engineering & Advanced Analytics is responsible for designing and maintaining data science and advanced analytics platform solutions that empower business partners to achieve their strategic and operational goals.
In this role, you will provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team as well as give clarity to IT and business leadership about solutions, timelines, and project status. With your outstanding communication skills, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to design and deliver impactful data and analytics solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of business partner processes and tools in addition to existing data, architecture and application landscapes to create meaningful business intelligence for decision making
- Provide clear architectural and technical guidance to the engineering team
- Develop and follow strong, clear SDLC processes for high quality delivery
- Act as liaison with the business partners/leadership in order to develop relationships, learn processes, understand requirements, and prioritize work efforts
- Prioritize the team's work, set, and oversee project timelines and schedules with constant communication
- Educate and support business partners on Tech Data's data & advanced analytics tools
- Possess a strong track record of recruiting, coaching and developing high potential individuals
- Be intellectually curious, ask questions and speak up with great ideas
- Enjoy working in a high-profile environment with fluid priorities, ambiguity and extremely aggressive deadlines
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years of experience with Azure cloud data platform, PowerBI, Tableau, Databricks, Snowflake, Azure Dev Ops and SAP BW HANA
- 5+ years successfully leading an enterprise data platform at a large organization
- 3+ years managing outsourced solution providers including contract negotiations, on-going operations and performance management
- Must be able to speak, present and write clearly to both business and technical audiences
- Excellent analysis, communication, and documentation skills
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.