We have an immediate staff vacancy for a Major Component Replacement Engineer in the UK & Ireland with our prestigious client who are one of the largest wind turbine companies in the world.
As a Major component exchange engineer you will be working in onshore wind turbines and due to the reactive nature of the work, you will need to be willing to travel the UK and Ireland. The components exchanged require large craning capacity and these are principally wind turbine gearboxes, main bearing sets, generators, blades, blade bearings and transformers.
You will be part of a permanently employed dedicated service team who delivers onshore heavy lift activities to a wide variety of external and internal customers across the Northern European region. Your role will provide you with project variety, learning opportunities and working within a growing team with a strongly supportive and developmental culture. A flexible approach to availability at short notice during suitable 'weather windows' and adaptability to changing plans, is essential.
There are a variety of aspects to this role and it is expected to appeal to those with a desire to work in a hard working environment with often complex situations requiring thorough documentation of all tasks and important 'live' decision-making being of paramount importance to the team. You will need to have a driving licence for this role.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience required
* Electrical and/or mechanical knowledge, ideally with experience of heavy industrial / capital equipment, including hydraulics, rotating parts and control systems and qualifications i.e. NVQ or City and Guilds (or equivalent)helpful but not essential, as training will be provided. Experience in leading groups of Technicians in service / maintenance sector helpful but not required
* Working to processes and procedures
* Ability to work as a team, experience of working within mixed cultures is helpful
* Technical/Service background.
* Computer Literate.
* Comprehensive and accurate reporting.
* Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
* Strong organisational skills and communication skills
* Excellent understanding of Health & Safety and demonstrable experience of working with Health & Safety paperwork
* Able to communicate with other technicians and support personnel.
* Excellent customer service skills, ability to maintain good client relationships across multiple sites with different customer expectations
For more details on the role please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply with your latest CV.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.