Electrical biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
From £34,000 per annum
My client a leading FMCG company are seeking an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer for their Bridgewater site.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all production machines, associated plant and equipment are maintained to enable safe operation and to make sure that production targets are achievable.
- Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
- To complete the full range of maintenance activities across the entire installed asset base within the department that they work.
- To rapidly diagnose and resolve both mechanical, electrical and basic control & instrumentation faults.
- To complete all work allocated to a high standard having the ability to complete all maintenance tasks across the installed asset base.
- To regularly observe and discuss equipment performance and make recommendations for activities to improve this.
- Promote and support the company quality & safety standards, focusing on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the company's strategy, and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults.
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance.
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated.
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area.
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within PM system for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required.
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation with particular regard to PTW, LOTO and Risk Management Standards including Risk assessment.
- Meet with engineering and operational leaders at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (PCs, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement.
This role would be suitable for an experienced and determine Maintenance Engineer with FMCG knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of production equipment used within the FMCG lines, Paper Industry possible advantage.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
- Practical engineering skills including hand tools and machine tools.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, pressure regs, gas regs, CDM etc)
- Demonstrable competency to a defined standard in the following areas: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Site Services, Control Systems, Defined Equipment Champion for a machine family, Stores, Maintenance Planning, CMMS, Engineering Standards & Procedures.
- Planning skills for allocated
- Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards - PTW (WAH, Hot, Confined, LOTO / Isolation, Chemical)
- Data analysis and identification of trends.
- Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools (1 from Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM etc)
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques (6 Point, 1/2 Split, Substitution, I/P to O/P, Emergence Seq)
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills .
- Decisive, pro-active, self-motivated and assertive
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demands of the business
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead at all levels of the business
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred)
- IEE 17th Edition
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship
- IT literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification (Preferred)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- CMMS / Superuser
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position with a salary from £34,000 plus shift allowance. This is will be across a 4 on 4 off Continental shift pattern rotating 7 days a week.
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.