Our Client are a leading engineering business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the business.
- To work in a safe manner using correct PPE and follow require procedures ensuring your own safety and the safety of your co-workers.
- Creation and revision of engineering/equipment risk assessments.
- Follow and improve preventative maintenance procedures with the aim of reducing unplanned down time.
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activities within the department to minimise lost time and ensure resources are controlled.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with the management team/shift management to help improve production efficiencies.
- Ensure factory quality is improved and spoilage is reduced through timely repair, maintenance and improvement of production equipment.
- Ensure factory efficiency is improved through timely repair, maintenance and improvement of production equipment.
- Ensure good housekeeping is an integral part of all engineering work and work areas.
- Ensure communication channels are clear with peers to allow an effective flow of information in both directions.
- Implement projects maximizing the utilization of internal resources.
- Cover shift based mechanical and electrical absence (Holiday/Sickness cover).
- Assist in the training and development of other team members
- Help facilitate continuous improvement
- Implement and drive department cost saving initiatives,
- Recognised mechanical/electrical engineering qualification.
- Must have previous maintenance experience within manufacturing environment.
- Strong methodical problem solving skills
- Project leadership skills
- MS Office
- Basic CAD knowledge
- Competitive salary offered plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.