Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Minimum of £38,000 per annum
My client a leading pharmaceutical company seeking an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer for one of their UK distribution site based in Perry Barr.
You will be responsible for effectively maintaining the automation and equipment within the site. Ensuring that the automated equipment and systems run to optimum efficiency in accordance with company's guidelines.
- Proactively monitor automation and system performance ensuring any issues identified are raised, escalated and captured on CMMS.
- To carry out maintenance and repair works as and when required and supporting a continuous improvement process.
- Ensure that the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is fully utilised in line with company guidelines and all planned maintenance and corrective work is carried out in a timely manner.
- Management of engineering workshops, stores areas, spares and equipment
- To actively participate in any training and development requirements to ensure sufficient competence and capability are attained and maintained. To model excellent iCARE behaviours.
- To manage specified HSE risks on site in line with all policies and procedures and to ensure legal compliance in terms of these risks. Including, management of contractors, management of maintenance of specialist plant (HVAC, Generators, Sprinkler systems etc.).
- Assist with creating suitable preventative maintenance schedules and adopt learnings from root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Carry out maintenance schedules and assist with planning and prioritising engineering tasks in line with site priorities
- Assist to Coordinate all works associated with facilities and facilities equipment provided by third party suppliers, ensure the engineering site team have sufficient knowledge with this equipment to monitor performance and act as first line engineering support.
- Awareness of Site engineering R&M budget and justification of any exceptions.
- Support creation of any site CAPEX request including completion of required documentation.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Maintenance Engineer competent electrical engineering and maintenance of automated distribution machinery.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship with relevant qualifications including a NVQ Level 3.
- Working experience of Distribution (Supply chain warehouse), manufacturing, pharmaceutical or FMCG background
- H&S qualification IOSH or NEBOSH general certificate
- Excellent Pneumatic, hydraulics and electrical systems knowledge.
- Honest, Reliable and Self-motivated.
- Able to read, interpret and design Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical drawings.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good fault-finding skills.
- Knowledge of KNAPP systems and machinery.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to use own initiative and a team player.
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable with good dexterity.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills.
In return, this company will offer you a full-time permanent position of 40 hours a week with a rotating shift pattern 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.