Our Client is a leading engineering business based in South Wales. The company currently require a talented Lead Electrical and Control Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the Role
- Working with the design and development team and external contractors, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing several distinct work packages related to the development, supply, and commissioning of the electrical systems.
- The role is multi-disciplined and will involve project and contract management, technical liaison, electrical engineering, design for construction/O&M.
- Project management of the development and delivery of the electrical and control systems, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors.
- Assessment of designs and systems to meet performance functional, commercial and user requirements.
- Supporting the electrical and control systems manufacture, commissioning and testing, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors. Likely to involve attending onshore/offshore trials, acceptance checks, commissioning and testing.
- Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and suppliers of equipment.
- Preparation of requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
- Preparation of technical, project and quality documentation including specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans, etc.
- Provide technical input and advice relating to the design and specification of electrical systems and components.
- Supporting the development of procedures and tools to control electrical system development (software revision control and change process for example).
- Some electrical analyses.
- Some cost analysis.
- Technical input to risk analysis process.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant electrical and control related discipline.
- Sustained experience and good track record in electrical and control systems development.
- High level of knowledge of SCADA.
- Knowledge of appropriate software for electrical system design (e.g., Autodesk Electrical Tools or similar).
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Ideally have experience of working in offshore renewable technologies.
- Ideally have knowledge of commercial control hardware and software environments (for example B&R systems).
- Previous experience of subsea electrical systems.
- Up to £50,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.