Our Client is a leading engineering business based in South Wales. The company currently require a talented Lead Engineer to join the business.
- Project management of the development and construction of large floating structures, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors.
- Supporting the structural &mooring systems manufacture, commissioning and testing, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors. Likely to involve attending onshore/offshore trials, acceptance checks, commissioning and testing.
- Project managing the design for manufacturing process.
- Project managing the design for operations and maintenance process.
- Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and manufacturers.
- Preparation of requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
- Preparation of technical, project and quality documentation including; specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans, etc.
- Provide technical input and advice relating to the design and construction of structural systems and components.
- Some technical analyses may be required utilising various CAE methods and tools.
- Some cost analysis.
- Technical input to risk analysis process.
- Degree in Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or related discipline.
- Sustained experience in a similar technical/project engineering role.
- Excellent mechanical design capabilities and a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Good experience in the design and construction of large steel fabrications and assemblies.
- Experience of fatigue analysis.
- Knowledge of corrosion protection approaches.
- Experience in mooring system design.
- Experience working in the marine/marine renewable energy industry.
- Ability to use CAE systems for structural analysis.
- Good experience in structural codes and standards.
- Competitive salary offered, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.