Lead Data Engineer (Remote*)
*This role is likely to be remote with 1 day a week in Bath in the future
Future is a global media specialist business, responsible for more than 200 brands, including BIG NAMES such as Playstation Maganize, Techradar, Linux Format, Ideal Home and Marie Claire to name a select few.
About the Team
Data is at the heart of Future. It is part of every key decision that is made throughout the organization. Data team is responsible for the acquisition, processing, storage and security of data right through to supporting the business with reliable BI, reporting capabilities and analytics. They are on a journey to build a best-in-class data capability which meets the needs of a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
As a Data Engineering Lead, you will be a key member of the Data team working with engineers within the team and across the business to ensure successful ongoing development of our data infrastructure. You will contribute and support the technical and architectural direction of the team.
- You will responsible for the successful implementation of data projects and new features on the data platform
- You will also have responsibility for reliable and cost-effective operation of the data platform
- You will support the Data team in the design, implementation and support of the data platform
- You will work with senior team members across Tech and Data to architect a best-in-class data platform that supports the companies growing aspirations
- You will lead by example while using established software engineering practices and principles
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience building and operating big data platforms
- Proficiency in Python or another general-purpose language
- 2+ years of experience in cloud-based technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and tons of flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular colleague events arranged by our wonderful Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.