Our Client are a leading Biotech business based in West Yorkshire. The company currently require a talented Lead Chemist to join the business.
- Propose and lead new work proposals to optimise the polymerisation process.
- Development of new polymerisation processes.
- Supervise junior staff members.
- Collect and analyse experimental data from a wide range of sources (analytical, performance data, elemental analyses etc).
- Collaborate with the Materials Science and the Chemical Engineer departments to scale up the polymerisation processes.
- Identification of new IP.
- Reporting KPIs for junior staff members.
- Maintaining and following a strict Health and Safety guideline.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and chemical stock.
- A MSc or PhD in chemistry (material science, synthetic chemistry, polymer science), with practical experience working within a laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of polymerisation reactions.
- An understanding and awareness of material characterisation and analytical techniques, e. g. PSD, NMR, FTIR, SEM, XPS, TGA-DSC, HPLC, GPC, IPC-MS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sustained work experience in polymerisation desirable.
- Up to £40,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.