Job Title: Laboratory Team Leader
Location: Hillington, Glasgow
Salary: £24,211 - £27,369
Permanent, Full-Time (Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday)
About the company
The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
About the job role
The Laboratory Team Leader will provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a team of laboratory technicians
- Manage the workflow through the various Laboratory departments during the day to ensure resources are used as efficiently as possible
- Line Manage Laboratory Staff
- Ensure samples are registered, tested and results entered in accordance with SOP's and working practices.
- To train all laboratory staff in new laboratory methods and amendments to existing ones.
- Assist the Quality Unit in maintain training records for all Laboratory Technicians
- Assist the laboratory's aim for UKAS accreditation according to the timescale set by Laboratory Management.
- Provide assistance with both internal and external customer testing issues associated with the laboratory
- Ensure that available equipment operates to maximum efficiency.
- Deal appropriately with internal and external customer queries.
- To have experience and a background within the science or related industry
- To have strong and demonstrable leadership skills
- To be able to motivate a team to achieve an end goal
- To have excellent organisational skills
- To be a strong communicator to be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the laboratory function
- To have excellent project management skills
- To control and develop employee training experiences
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.