Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Lab Ops Maintenance Technician to join our team specialising in Engineering for our Power Business Segment in Daventry.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. Salary is £23,000 - £36,000 depending on experience.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Supports a facility through maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of a variety of facility mechanical systems relating to Laboratory activities.
- Performs maintenance functions to service, repair and install heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, building ventilation systems, air compressors, heat
exchangers and other related equipment including related HVAC/mechanical troubleshooting.
- Installs and maintains machine tools, test stands, and miscellaneous hydraulic equipment.
- Installs and repairs dyno meter to support testing.
- Maintains safe and effective facilities and building systems.
- Coordinates programs including planning, scheduling, ordering, and tracking.
- Participates in the maintenance of quality procedures
- Participates in improvement projects.
- Participates in self audits and associated corrective action.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Day to day maintenance and calibration of instrumentation and equipment
- Liaise with Test personnel, customers and contractors as required
- Operate various analytical, test and data acquisition equipment to confirm correct working operation
- Meet reporting, data quality and data storage requirements, use a work order system
- Work on test cell improvement projects within the team
- Liaise with gauge lab on test cell and equipment calibrations, maintaining records
- Work flexibly within a highly fluid and priority shifting environment
- Maintain safe and tidy work environment
- Complete preventative maintenance and document accordingly
- Work overtime as required to meet business need
- Work within a team supporting daily operations within the test area
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Data Acquisition - Prepares samples, verifies equipment calibration and performs tests according to an approved standard procedure or work instruction in a manner which ensures, and results in, data that can be trusted and delivered to the engineer or customer.
Data Reporting - Prepares documentation in a manner which clearly organises and presents testing methods, instrument settings, the data and analysis to allow the engineer and customer to understand the results and form accurate conclusions and recommendations.
Product Function Test System Design - Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
Test Setup and Configuration - Interprets test plan to determine optimal location and orientation within a test space in accordance with local safety and environmental requirements and fabricates required system with appropriate materials.
Test Article Build - Assembles test articles according to test requirements, including all necessary installation or accommodations for instrumentation, in a manner that allows the test articles to successfully undergo product functional test.
Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.