We are looking for a talented Lab Ops Instrumentation and Control Associate to join our team specialising in Engineering for our Engine Business Segment in Darlington.
This is a permanent role working Monday - Friday between 6.30am - 3.30pm 37.5 hours per week. Salary is £38,057 increasing to £40,060 after 6 months.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Operates, calibrates, installs, programs, repairs, designs, and fabricates instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Designs, develops, and documents new data acquisition systems; serves as expert in hardware and software systems; coordinates and sets up tests.
- Schedules and prioritises projects to produce optimal results
- schedules work by interfacing with customers both internal and external as well as support groups within the company.
- Specifies, purchases, and maintains equipment; fabricates prototypes; designs and executes field tests.
- Uses several general tools including but not limited to digital multimeter, soldering iron, function generator, and frequency generator.
- Reads and interprets electrical wiring diagrams.
- Communicates technical information to a diverse customer base.
- Participates in the maintenance of quality procedures.
- Develops and conducts training programs; provides counselling, mentoring, and coaching.
- Serves as company representatives in various capacities to customers, suppliers, and outside agencies.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Technical Support of AVL PUMA Test Beds
- Roll out of fixes across all the test beds
- Transparency testing of new software
- AVL PUMA Test sequence creation/modification
- AVL PUMA programming/scripting (similar to Visual Basic for Applications)
- Working with AVL support team to resolve issues
- Test Cell Commissioning of new equipment by configuring PUMA and testing robustness
- Troubleshooting of intermittent issues. Creation of troubleshooting guides for use by other members of the team.
- Engine ECM Communication Troubleshooting
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.