Key Account Manager
Kelly Services, working with a Prestigious Engineering company are keen to Speak with Key Account Managers with experience of working within Automotive or Aerospace industries to work for our client based in the West Midlands.
Reporting to the EU Sales Director, you will be responsible for Managing the account of one of the world's most luxurious brands.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintain and cultivate key account relationships throughout respective territory with particular focus on existing major accounts and potential emerging revenues streams within that account.
- Maintain key accounts with existing customer base
- Develop close working relationships with Global commercial and sales Leadership, management and Community.
- To contribute to the regular strategic commercial planning process, with specific emphasis on being the lead thinker for the key account & product stream.
- A major focus will be finding new opportunities with key accounts by adding value for both product streams
- Demonstrate Leadership within the sales team environment and with cross-organisational disciplines ensuring strong liaison with key business partners - Operations, Technical, Customer Service, Finance and Product Management Teams to optimise commercial returns and customer service.
- Manage noncontract accounts with subcontractors, distributors and machinists that purchase from the Service Centre worth around $2M a year of additional sales
- With the VP & Directors Sales EMEA and other global sales partners; develop, communicate and implement effective sales growth strategies and processes.
- Create and win incremental sales opportunities throughout the Key account territories.
- Ensure Key accounts are visited regularly and ensure regular senior level reviews are completed
- Able to understand and draft complex contracts including Technical, Commercial and Financial documents
- Strong budgetary and forecasting management, with emphasis on margins, costs & pricing.
- Able to write clear and concise papers, articles and reports representing capabilities and commercial range
- Solid business perspective with a clear understanding of good business practice across a global organisation
- Proven ability to influence senior management on direction of critical sales, commercial and business issues.
- Demonstrated competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually, and innovatively.
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written), organisation, problem resolution, and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including all MS Office applications, Sales and Marketing databases and preferably SAP applications.
- Educated to Degree Level in Materials, metals or engineering subjects
- Proven sales / commercial experience in relevant business sectors, (such as Aerospace / Oil & Gas / Petrochemical / Chemical Processing) in a dynamic Customer facing role
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) which must include strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Business partnering - Develop and maintain liaison with key stakeholders within the organisation, such as Operations, Production, Finance, Technical and Product management teams.
- Participate in and contribute to Membership of trade associations and key account network environments as appropriate
Honesty and integrity is a key value which you will need to succeed in this position. We are keen to speak to individuals who are Team oriented, have an excellent Leadership & management style and have a high level of professional and personal motivation with an approachable-personable manner. The ability to Lead and manage self and others with a diverse, rapidly changing and heavy workload under pressure. The ability to self-manage workload on own initiative whilst being able to lead and manage or participate in a cross disciplined negotiation team
- Ability to provide leadership and management structure to team, on an as needed basis - Lead when required/Manage when required.
- Team Management - able to lead & manage members of the team to provide; Goals and targets, performance management and growth, motivation and incentive, organisation and structure and direction & disciplined professional approach.
- Excellent structured organisation skills
- Flexible and professional approach within the scope of the position.
- Able to evidence having dealt with confidential and sensitive issues, including handling of difficult/conflict situations.
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development for self and team.
- Continued contribution towards the development and knowledge growth of the Global business and specifically sales function
- Willingness to contribute strategically to Global Commercial initiatives and priorities.
This is a flexible working position with home working and travelling to the office as well as customer premises required.
This position comes with an excellent compassion package including above average salary, bonus, car allowance, Health benefits and above standard pension.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.