Job title: Java Developer
Category: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Dalgety Bay
Salary: £38.19 per hour
Worldline requires an experienced and self-reliant Java developer/designer to join our UK professional services team on a fixed term basis. This role is dedicated to the support of a single application that provides essential transactional services to members of the public for a major UK customer.
More specifically, the role is to provide Java software architecture, development and support for a migration project and number of change requests relating to this application.
The application in question is undergoing a major modernisation, involving migration from dedicated hardware to private cloud as well as an overhaul of the methods used to maintain code and promote changes into the Live environment.
As part of the modernisation, the successful candidate will be required to carry out a review of the software architecture, underlying DB2 database technology and end to end documentation.
In addition to the modernisation of the application, ongoing application development is required to support a pipeline of change requests.
- Provide development support for ongoing changes.
- Review the current software architecture, producing a documented technical roadmap.
- Work with the database support team to identify a target database technology to replace the existing solution.
- Support the cloud migration project by writing small scale applications required by the testing team, i.e. to simulate some use case interactions.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in computer or business discipline is preferable, but solid track record may suffice in the absence of formal qualifications.
- Professional Java and Database training.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in software development, some of which should incorporate software architecture and design.
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of database technologies, including legacy DB2, Postgress and MySQL.
- Good working knowledge of the following tools.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.