IT Solutions Consultant, Advanced Analytics
Tech Data is one of the world's largest technology distributors. They help companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft - and hundreds of others - bring their products to market and offer a wide range of technical and business support services.
They certify, train, instruct and support reseller customers, and help configure, install and finance their purchases. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through their logistics centers on their way to market.
Tech Data are looking for an IT Solutions Consultant for Advanced Analytics to collaborate with data engineering, solutions architects and business stakeholders across the organization for impactful data and analytics solutions. He/she will lead from a product management perspective specifically related to data science, machine learning and advanced analytics.
Tech Data's business teams will come to the Solutions Consultant with challenges and aspirations related to reporting, information, visualization or advanced analytics. He/she will work from project initiation to completion including understanding the business needs, assist solutions architects in mapping end-to-end processes, and working with technical teams to deliver results and ensure that the technologies are adopted. The Solutions Consultant will drive the overall roadmap for an area of advanced analytics communicating delivery timelines and aligning with strategic business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a consultant to business teams across the organization to draw out and articulate data and advanced analytics needs
- Discover and drive business requirement gathering
- Translate requirements into end-to-end process maps in partnership with Solutions Architecture
- Advise technical teams on requirements
- Support technical team on designing solutions
- Act as liaison between technical teams (developers, security, architecture, etc.) to push the solution design forward
- Manage a rolling 12month roadmap of deliverables that aligns with business objectives
- Establish yourself over time as a functional expert for IT and business teams
- Review and consult on test scenarios and test scripts
- Support functional, cross functional, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance testing
- Participate in the development of end user training and knowledge transfer to business team trainers and experts
- Ensure knowledge transfer to training specialist and reviews training material
- Provide post go live support
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- 58 years IT project and/or support experience in a product manager capacity with knowledge of cloud data warehouse systems, reporting tools, and advanced analytics.
- Azure SQL, Snowflake, Tableau, Alteryx and Azure DevOps experience or related technologies required
- Must be able to speak, present and write clearly to both senior executive business and technical audiences
- Excellent analysis, communication and documentation skills required
- Have a positive attitude and act with urgency, leadership and humility
- Passion for data and analytics and the possibilities that it unlocks for customers, vendors, and internal teams
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.