Our international Energy client is seeking an Investment Manager to join their team in Wiltshire. This is a permanent position which will require you to be office based. However, you will be required to travel occasionally to our on-site projects. As an Investment Manager, our client is seeking someone who has worked on energy projects, ideally within the renewable sector. You should have a proven track record within investment deals, joint ventures and strong experience within stakeholder management. The successful applicant for this role must also be a strong negotiator.
* Maximise and maintain the value of the client's shareholder investment in our Offshore assets, including responsibility for tracking, optimising and delivering value in assets
* At all times driving adherence to all safety, health and environmental principles
* Work with the 'Project Lead' and the Joint venture Board members to agree, monitor and deliver the performance KPIs for the wind farm asset asserting suitable influence and control
* Understand and produce for management 'early warnings' of deviations to plans and budgets as well as analysing and recommending potential mitigations
* Ensure suitable reporting, performance management and governance of the development process including portfolio reporting and steering
* Support projects through FID/FC process, ensuring best practice across offshore
* Provide all offshore regions as well as the New Market team with support on worldwide growth and new business activities to build up a pipeline of projects, via acquisition, partnerships and seabed auctions
* Lead projects/worskstreams on our Offshore Assets as risks/opportunities arise or step change is requirement e.g. contract renewals, shareholder negotiations, strategy development & deployment.
Required skills and experience
* Several years of in-depth experience in energy projects
Knowledge and experience in managing business objectives and delivering outcomes within a multi-national company
* High level of fluency with financial management - highly desirable if candidate has specific experience with JVs and the nuances they pose
* Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders (internal functions, JV Board members, Partners, Project Directors, etc.)
* Ability to forward plan, project manage, discover, anticipate, and resolve potential problems
* Complete understanding of components of offshore wind assets development, construction and operations, including economics, cost drivers and key risks
* Experience participating in Board-level discussions and interactions
* Full appreciation for the importance of HSE
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of different backgrounds and cultures, and ability to tailor messages to the audience, including shareholders and service providers.
* Able to anticipate the concerns and priorities of the business and other joint-venture partners and its potential impact on the investment
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.