Salary up to £22,000 per annum
My client an innovative manufacturer are for seeking a strategic inventory controller for their site based in Bedford.
You will be responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and ensuring that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory.
- Cycle count raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods, and non-conforming materials on a daily basis.
- Utilise SAP to process cycle counts on bulk raw materials, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Ensure materials are in proper locations. Conducts searches in order to locate misclassified inventory
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items and/or weigh materials to determine quantity on hand. Weigh and mark product displaying remaining product left
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to Value Stream Manager - publish weekly and quarterly inventory metrics
- Communicate and develop process enhancements as needed (performs root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them)
- Assist in receiving and put away process for new raw materials and packaging.
- Assist in transfers to and from production area.
- Breakdown boxes and pallets as necessary to fit shelving.
- Scrub and sweep floors on routine basis in conjunction with others.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly warehouse appearance.
- Adhere to all company policies and guidelines relating to Quality and Safety.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
This role would be suitable for a competent Warehouse individual who is passionate about inventory management and control.
- Demonstrable experience in shipping and receiving.
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and vendor relationships
- Excellent work ethic: ability to work self-directed and as a flexible team player
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent the company with integrity
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages, including Microsoft Office and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently .
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position with the working hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Along with overtime and progression opportunities as well as a competitive package.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.